Friday, January 15, 2010

Come my children!

So I read a scripture today that I have decided to commit to memory. As a general rule of thumb you should memorize scriptures, it's just plain good for the soul. But I want to memorize this one because I want my children (only using the plural so it includes future children) to wake up to this:

Come, my children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD.
Psalms 34:11

Thinking God's timing couldn't have been more perfect for me to find this scripture, I went into Hailey's room to wake her up. Feeling quite proud of myself, I said it....Normally she is as happy as a clam in the morning, but due to a horrible night last night she looked miserable! Her hair was going every which way, if you know Hailey and her CRAZY hair you can only imagine the sight I came in on this morning, and she had those squinty sleep eyes...It was hilarious! I thought, 'Great the one time I bounce in her room spouting scriptures she looks at me like I just ruined her day!!' But as soon as I finished my little greeting she looked up, squinty eyes and all, and beamed!! "Mama!" That made my day!

So despite a terrible night's sleep and not feeling very well, the Lord has blessed my day because I am a mom, and mom's teach their children to fear the Lord...even at 5:30 in the morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment