Monday, January 11, 2010

Accountability

I would like to bring my family and friends into an accountability contract with me. I would like to start studying the bible in the morning and spending daily alone time with God. Our pastor said yesterday that he will guarantee a closer relationship with God if you will commit to spending time alone with Him. I took that challenge. My goal is to wake up before everyone and study in the dining room. I hope that I can encourage you to do the same, and to really evaluate how much time you do spend with Him. As our 2009 Christmas card stated, we are at war, what are you going to do to protect yourselves?

“Ever plan for yourself in simple dependence on God. It is nothing less than self-idolatry to conceive that we can carry on even the ordinary matters of the day without His counsel. He loves to be consulted. Consider no circumstance too clear to need his direction. In all thy ways, small as well as great; in all thy concerns, personal or relative; temporal or eternal, let Him be supreme. Who of us has not found the unspeakable ‘peace’ of bringing God matters to minute or individual to be entrusted to the most confidential ear?” - Charles Bridges

No comments:

Post a Comment