Sunday, October 31, 2010

Caleigh-fornia

So...apparently I have more blogs than I know what to do with! I can't see my blogs from school because the actual blog is blocked by the district. I can however post things. So I wrote the following post from school two weeks ago and then I posted it to the WRONG blog! Sorry you didn't receive the update when I originally posted it, but here it is now. Enjoy! :)

Yay! I have hit the 27th week in this pregnancy! At the end of this week I will be entering the third trimester, which is both exhilarating and terrifying all at the same time. I have been drinking my gallon of water (dehydration is one of the causes of contractions) everyday, at this time I am wearing my Camelbak (a backpack made to hold water) and I look like a huge dork doing it! But do I care? Heck no! My students already know that I am crazy, now they have proof! ;-)

I am taking magnesium and folate supplements, which are supposed to help reduce the amount of contractions I have. And I am trying to take it easy as much as possible. The contractions seem to be more intense at the end of the day, I had 5 in one hour yesterday evening, and when I am exerting ANY physical activity, IE walking up the stairs, bending over, lifting Hailey. It's been a real bummer not being able to pick up Hailey any time I want, but maybe that's God's way of helping her become a little more independent.

John has been a huge help during all of this. He has really stepped up to the plate. I still try to give Hailey her baths and we cuddle at night before bed, but John has mostly taken over doing the dishes, playing with Hailey after work, drying her and dressing her after her bath. It has been really nice. Maybe this is God's way of preparing John for after Caleigh is born! ;-) He is still doing his schooling, but has decided to go at it full speed and is trying to be finished with 8 more weeks of school in the next 4 weeks. I know he wants to be done before Caleigh is born and I am sure would love to be done before the holidays hit.

The last update we have is about Dave Ramsey and our financial peace. We just recently paid off another credit card! Yay! We are now up to $15,547 of paid off debt! Again, it's hard to see that number and not get annoyed that in the last 10 months we have paid that much money into "nothing", but I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Only 2 more loans, 1 car loan, and 1 credit card to go and we'll be screaming from the rooftops, "We are DEBT FREE!"

I know times are tough for everyone right now, but I recently heard someone describing what true worship of God looked like. It's not necessarily singing in a church, but it is finding God in everything you see, hear, smell, touch, and taste. Find Him in the little things and thank Him for them. Thank Him for these struggles, for you don't know what purpose they serve. Find Him in it all and then you will truly be worshipping the God of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment